Expand the description and view the text of the steps for this how-to video. Check out Howcast for other do-it-yourself videos from Equilibrio and more videos in the Better Health category. You can contribute too! Create your own DIY guide at www.howcast.com or produce your own Howcast spots with the Howcast Filmmakers Program at www.howcast.com Good health is just a matter of taking a new approach to eating and making simple changes. To complete this How-To you will need: Cooking facilities A shopping list Healthy foods Breakfast Healthy snacks Water Books (optional) Internet access (optional) Step 1: Cook your own meals Cook and prepare your own meals as often as you can. This will help you avoid eating processed and fast foods, which are higher in sodium and fat. Tip: Healthy, low-fat recipes and guidance are available in bookstores and on the internet. Step 2: Make a shopping list Plan healthy meals and make a shopping list. Fill your cart with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, whole-grain foods, and lean meats. Step 3: Read nutrition labels Read nutrition labels. Pay attention to saturated fat, sodium, and sugar. The higher their numbers, the unhealthier they are. Step 4: Eat breakfast Eat breakfast every day. Breakfast helps to rev up your metabolism. Make it a habit to eat something within the first hour after you wake up. Step 5: Eat every three to four hours Try to eat small meals every three to four hours. Aim for three small, balanced meals and two snacks

1. KatomRS said on 27-08-2011

Awesome video. Love the importance focused on eating breakfast and cooking most of your meals…we totally agree! ´╗┐ Keep up the good work and feel free to sub and check out our vids! ­čÖé

2. ISweetDreamsT said on 27-08-2011

15´╗┐ ppl are Obese

3. liselleyougster said on 27-08-2011

view:´╗┐ “leaf dressing with baldhead phillps” for the best dressing i’ve had!

4. Apleeza said on 27-08-2011

It’s hard to pay attention to´╗┐ what he’s saying when the music is so loud..

5. nyappy0princess said on 27-08-2011

i hate vegies, i really do, i can’t even think about eating vegies without puking´╗┐ , please some help, my stomach is getting worse and worse

6. SuperHealthyHealth said on 27-08-2011

Unhealthy eating habits are´╗┐ common in the modern world.

7. lxItsLauraxI said on 27-08-2011

0:07 Where´╗┐ did that chocolate go!!!!!! O_O

8. darlindiego said on 27-08-2011

I dont think its so much about getting FAT. its more about feeling good mentally as well. I find´╗┐ myself way more productive, sharp, and generally happier when i eat healthy and fresh homecooked food.

9. Chyken3600 said on 27-08-2011

Fifteen people got fat.´╗┐

10. r2c123 said on 27-08-2011

I’m eating a´╗┐ cookie while wachin this

11. kittensjoy said on 27-08-2011

@TheCocotoo´╗┐
    im not afraid to say im fat either

12. yordache said on 27-08-2011

are you interested´╗┐ in health products ? Try this:

13. carolinaaramburo said on 27-08-2011

Very Informative. Thanks for sharing!!! Please also check my channel´╗┐ for more health video!

14. FUCKOFFozakityuuniby said on 27-08-2011

Thanks.I know´╗┐ that carbohydrates are essential for a healthy diet, since they provide the main sourse of energy for the body.

15. FedUpWFat said on 27-08-2011

@yasmin935 if you read my 1st comment you would see where i acknowledged the´╗┐ fact of media portraying a certain image to young people

16. yasmin935 said on 27-08-2011

@FedUpWFat My friend is same age as me 14 and she is´╗┐ healthy weight and she got called fat in school, I had to stick up for her because I know she would lose self esteem. People expect us to be thin, I am quite healthy (not thin but not ‘fat’) too but its the pressure of school not just home. Also tv shows making jokes about not eating which can encourage younger kids not too.

17. FedUpWFat said on 27-08-2011

@Nijichan3 because at such a young age you shouldn’t be preoccupied with weight and how you´╗┐ look ect! its a shame so much focus is place on appearances in our society. its the parents responsibility to make sure that their children eat correct portions and are adequately nourished. a child shouldn’t be worrying about things like that

18. Nijichan3 said on 27-08-2011

@FedUpWFat I’m 13 and female and I don’t know why you’re upset. Isn’t it a good thing that kids actually want to eat healthier? I’m trying to both lose three pounds and clear my skin, and I also just want to feel healthy and fit. My parents feed me well, but I need to stop eating so much and I don’t eat enough fruit. I think it’s good for young people to be informed´╗┐ about good eating habits at an early age and want to pursue them.

19. FedUpWFat said on 27-08-2011

i get so upset seeing these 12, 13, and 14 year olds on here talking about weight loss, diet, ect. its a shame! children shouldn’t be worrying about this stuff. their parents should be making sure they are cooking healthy foods and protecting them from obesity! Parents fail their kids and the media emphasizes more on being thin´╗┐ than healthy. its a shame i feel really bad for our youth. im going to make sure my son is raised healthy and doesnt worry about obesity because i will be doing my job

20. mrxcal123 said on 27-08-2011

I’m. 14 I cook foods for myself I’m not good but I get recipes now it says healthy but when it comes out I type the food in that I made and it ends up being fattening like the chicken parmesan i made with lettuce and growing olives very nice bit of oil delicious but it had 376 calories all together´╗┐ is that allot idk

21. NinjaWarrior2012 said on 27-08-2011

Smosg´╗┐

22. PresentTheOctopus said on 28-08-2011

That elephant cup is´╗┐ the best(: