Question by Alli: Natural Hair Remedies?
I want my hair to be shiner and smoother but I am completely disgusted by mayo. I can’t even be near a bottle of it. So i need all natural home remedies to do that without mayo. No shampoo or conditioners, I’ve tried them all. So please, 10 points for best answer. I’m in desperate need.
I do not wash my hair everyday.

Best answer:

Answer by Kenzie H
1. take a shower
2. blow dry it
3. straighten it

Add your own answer in the comments!

1. Summerrr 08, gonnah get crazyy♥ said on 14-06-2014

Try biosilk.
    its a greasy feeling product you put in your hair when its dry and it makes it SOO smooth, not greasy (:
    and it also puts a shine into it.
    thats what i use (:
    it can get a little pricey but you only need a little bit.
    mine is lasting me up to a year now and its still only about half gone (if that)

2. TooCute said on 14-06-2014

Use coconut and Olive oils, and honey in your hair; you can use then for conditioner, leave-ins, etc. AND they’re cheap, you can buy them at a grocery store. Do a goggle search on “Olive coconut oil honey hair”.

3. Kasey Falls said on 14-06-2014

Try mixing
    Olive oil
    Honey

Leave in your hair for 10 minutes then shampoo and rinse as normal. =)

4. bunnylove7958 said on 14-06-2014

coconut oil, put it in dry hair let it set for 1/2 hour then wash it out with shampoo and conditioner

5. tiny dancerr ♥ said on 14-06-2014

Try washing your hair every other day, instead of daily. This will cause your hair to be less dried out and your natural oils will protect it better. Once your done with your shower, rinse your hair with cool water to close the hair cuticle. This will cause less breakage and your hair will look much shinier! Avoid blowdrying or straightening your hair. You can also get an oil-infused brush (or just a regular one) and brush your hair a lot, starting at the ends and working your way up. I also heard that beer and eggs help your hair, but I wouldn’t do it! Hope that I helped and goodluck =]

6. jonathan m said on 14-06-2014

theres an herbal, 100% animal free, Hair remedy thing that my mom uses. Its called henna. Gooooooooogle it! =P
    I asked my mom about it and she said its the best remedy she used after 2 years of finding one. REMEMBER ITS CALLED HENNA! =)

7. Kate said on 14-06-2014

there is a product called garnier fructis sleek and shine. put that on your hair wehn it is wet and if you blow dry it straight you will be able to see your reflection in it =]

8. sarai s said on 14-06-2014

they key is moisture and lots of it. eat healthy too that helps

9. Patti Wray said on 14-06-2014

Eggs/milk,Palmolive dishwashing liquid,olive/vitamin e oils,Also try:Crown T&M Cholesterol Shampoo&Conditioner and Calvalier Horse Shampoo&Conditioner.Trust Patti Wray it will work it say horse but it for humans as well also try the Carrot Cholesterol Treatment.I have dreadlocks and it work wonderfully on my hair…..Blessings Yahoo

10. pineapplepower said on 14-06-2014

An Apple Cider Vinegar-Herb Rinse is wonderful to use as a shampoo. Rinsing with apple cider vinegar will help balance the pH of your hair, close the cuticle scales to give your hair a smoother appearance, and remove the buildup. Infusing certain herbs into the ACV rinse can highlight or enhance your hair color and highlights, as well as condition it.

– For more shine use Horsetail, Parsley, Nettles, Rosemary, Sage, Calendula.
    – To bring out highlights in blond hair use Mullein Flowers, Yarrow, Calendula, Chamomile.
    – To bring out highlights in dark hair use Elderberries, sage, Nettles, Rasberry leaves, Black Tea, Rosemary.

To make your own herbal hair rinse natural hair care product:
    1. Place 2 tablespoons of the dried herb (or herb mixture) into a muslin bag or tea ball and put in a warmed tea pot.
    2. Pour 1 pint (500 ml) of boiling water over the herbs and infuse for 2 hours.
    3. Allow the liquid to cool then pour it into a quart (1 liter) jar.
    4. Add 1 pint (500 ml) of apple cider vinegar and mix well.

For conditioner, I’d suggest you do a olive oil, honey, and traditional conditioner mix. Apply it to your hair and put a plastic baggie over it. Sit under a hair dryer for about 20 mins. or wrap a warm towel around it for the same amount of time. You can experiment with adding more exotic conditioning ingredients to this basic mix to find what’s best for you. Things like aloe vera, shea butter, grapeseed oil, jojoba oil, and vitamin e. Once a month add coconut milk to the mix for protein filled deep conditioning treatment. Afterward rinse out with warm water.

You can find more variety of more recipes and information in the links below. Good luck!