The Greatest History Lesson - John Taylor Gatto - The Truth About Your Education

John Taylor Gatto (born December 15, 1935) is a retired American with nearly 30 years experience in the classroom, and author of several books on education. …

1. The WTC 6 Truth Movement said on 21-02-2015

John Taylor Gatto (and Richard Andrew Grove) is silent, or wrong on
    911…however, his expertise is the educational system where he is an
    outspoken critic of how we’ve been dumbed down, systematically. This is a
    long video, but worth it’s weight in gold.

Skip the first 20 minutes which is a long intro by RAG. If I had kids, I
    would have them read and research all of the footnotes in this video,
    beginning when they were 7. By the time they would be done with high
    school, they would be more than ready for the world!

2. Robin Ashley said on 21-02-2015

All I can say is WOW. I feel like I’ve learned more from watching this
    interview than all my years of college. Thanks, Mr. Gatto. Now I
    understand. You’ve changed me as a teacher forever. I got it.

3. Matthew Nereim said on 21-02-2015

John Taylor Gatto (and Richard Andrew Grove) is silent, or wrong on
    911…however, his expertise is the educational system where he is an
    outspoken critic of how we’ve been dumbed down, systematically. This is a
    long video, but worth it’s weight in gold.

Skip the first 20 minutes which is a long intro by RAG. If I had kids, I
    would have them read and research all of the footnotes in this video,
    beginning when they were 7. By the time they would be done with high
    school, they would be more than ready for the world!

4. nethleod said on 21-02-2015

I met him. Tried to tell him of abuse of kids with learning disabilities.
    He did not even seem to care to help me tell others. I asked him to help
    people like us have a voice…..

5. Jonathan Rogers said on 21-02-2015

Wow, I finally found another person who knows that the American public
    education system is just like Communist China’s, except that China’s is
    “more disciplined”. I taught in mainland China’s schools for almost 10
    years and John T. Gatto is right.

6. Jonathan Rogers said on 21-02-2015

John Calvin was obviously incorrect and there are plenty of scripture
    verses which attest to that. Jacob Arminius held views which were contrary
    to Calvin’s.

7. Robert Martin said on 21-02-2015

You know the truth when you hear it. It always seemed to me that school was
    made to reward those who don’t understand but learn by heart and punish
    those who are how shall call it, the ‘intellectually noble’. Now I know why
    this impression I had was not baseless.

8. americanmambi said on 21-02-2015

the salesman at the beginning was a little too close to your common sheeple
    media announcer

9. Polarisnight said on 21-02-2015

J.T.Gatto is amazing! His book Dumbing Us Down was my first evidence that
    the public school system was horribly flawed, and thats why I suffered so
    much while in public school.

10. scotty said on 21-02-2015

I’m sure the corporations that run the government love the idea of phasing
    out the public school system.

11. busa e guerrero said on 21-02-2015

This is my first time watching this video, and i am very impressed with all
    the great information and insight. Thank you very much for every one
    involved in making this video, and to Mr. Gatto.

12. Lynxx Williams said on 21-02-2015

Todah
    An awesome documentary. This gave to me, many more references to
    research. Great work and hats off to Mr. Gatto.

13. Nathan Miller Foster said on 21-02-2015

With gratitude to the strength this knowledge will bring, the keys to so
    many locks this very mode of thinking (Trivium, Quadrivium, as well as
    examining familial lineages which maintain control -);

With Great Thanks and Love –
    Happy Birthday to one of the most important documented educators of our
    humanity.
    Happy Birthday John Taylor Gatto.

Using today in #JohnTaylorGatto ‘s honor to set up screenings of TUHL,
    that’s what I will be doing.

14. americanmambi said on 21-02-2015

17:45 for those who cant stomach the salesman…

15. bil bisli said on 21-02-2015

put the speed of the video to x2 when John talks…

16. Vincent Tayelrand said on 21-02-2015

Thanks. Now I have zillions of (extra) books to read ;)

17. Gavino Bove said on 21-02-2015

This Man is Really a Great Man, this is a lesson on THE VALUE OF REBEL
    SPIRIT, not just History, not just Truth. Jesus Christ said “The Truth will
    set you Free” and the meaning of those words was precisely this one: REBEL!
    Don’t let churchs, political institutions and other crooks to tell you who
    or what you are or must be.

FUCK CENSORSHIP, FREE AND UNREGULATED INTERNET IS A TREASURE FOR HUMANITY!

18. Eric Salt said on 21-02-2015

Watch this and learn.

19. david pinto said on 21-02-2015

Take your time with this. He’s good. He used to be a school teacher. So
    it’s a ground-level and hence bottom-up perspective.

Specific bit tagged below is the observation that our discipline problems
    in schools are invented by the system in an attempt *to prevent them*.
    Something I hit on early in my teaching experience.

20. Saurus Ommley said on 21-02-2015

Take your time with this. He’s good. He used to be a school teacher. So
    it’s a ground-level and hence bottom-up perspective.

Specific bit tagged below is the observation that our discipline problems
    in schools are invented by the system in an attempt *to prevent them*.
    Something I hit on early in my teaching experience.

21. rkb100100 said on 21-02-2015

Skip the bullshit, go to 17:00

22. rkb100100 said on 21-02-2015

belated Happy Birthday!

23. Voltaire Arouet said on 21-02-2015

This guy is a fascist, isn’t he?

24. Elizabeth Luker said on 21-02-2015

Check this out! It is totally worth your time!

25. deborah rabbit white said on 21-02-2015

John Taylor Gatto (born December 15, 1935) is a retired American with
    nearly 30 years experience in the classroom, and author of several books on
    education. He is an activist critical of compulsory schooling, of the
    perceived divide between the teen years and adulthood, and of what he
    characterizes as the hegemonic nature of discourse on education and the
    education professions.